Wednesday 13 October 2010

The Floating Heads by Sophy Cave

The Floating Heads sculptures are at the Kelvingrove museum in Scotland. It was the first thing I noticed at the museum because the faces are so bold, and they were right above the foyer. I like how all the faces show a different emotion, and how every time you look at them you always notice a different one. I find them all very unique. The heads can be seen as an ironic mark of what humans do when they visit art museums such as this one with all the different expressions. To me the heads look slightly eerie, they are white which reminds me of ghosts, and the faint blue light that shines on them adds to the eeriness. The heads can be viewed from the ground, and also the first floor of the museum, they both give a different perspective on the piece which is interesting. I like how the faces blend with, but also contrast with the design of the inside of the museum. It has a strong romanesque and a bit of gothic architecture, as seen in the back of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment